Sunday, February 7, 2010

My pride and joy part 3 of 4

When I was pregnant with blessing number 3 the popular question was "Aren't you hoping for a girl this time?" I can not even begin to count how many times I was asked that!Everyone assumed that because we had had two little boys we must just be dying to have a girl!! Yeah not so much!! I have to laugh now because I honestly would have been happy to have all boys! I was used to boys, they were fairly laid back, easy and the girly things my niece was doing quite frankly scared me!
But of course God knew best and sent us our first darling daughter Hannah Grace. I have always talked about how special and wonderful the mother/ son relationship I had with my sons was. It still surprises me that I did not anticipate how amazing it would be to have that mother/daughter bond with my daughter! My mom and I are really close and I can't imagine my life without her.For some reason though it did not follow in my mind that I would have that with my daughter.

Hannah is admittedly far more emotional than her brothers EVER have been and she insists on her way most ALL of the time! She is also so sweet and nurturing and loving.When I feed her baby sister she runs to get her baby doll to feed, burp, swaddle and cuddle. She also tries to burp her brothers, myself and even the cat on occasion!
She has a special bond with her daddy and loves talking to him on the computer and showing him her pretty dresses and bracelets.
One of the things I think is so cute is shown off in these pictures. As I mentioned she insists on having her way and that includes what she wears. Every day no fail she picks out a dress to wear =-}
Having been raised in this feminist world it surprises me to see how my daughter is naturally feminine,nurturing,loving and girly. God truly has put it in her and all women to be this way and I pray she never turns her back on these God given gifts.


No comments: