Monday, February 8, 2010

FEELIN' FEMININE CHALLENGE



While reading one of my favorite blogs I came across a post about the feelin feminine challenge. Check out Mrs. Regan's original post at the link below.

http://reganfamfarm.blogspot.com/2009/10/feelin-feminine-challenge.html

The challenge is to wear only skirts/dresses for an entire week . You can easily be modest and fashionable at the same time. Being modest and feminine doesn’t mean wearing a skirt that covers your toes and a shirt that comes all the way up to your neck, or has dull colors! You can be modest, feminine, lovely, beautiful and stylish all at the same time! At the time I first read about The Challenge I was nine months pregnant and my clothing selection was limited to say the least! I decided to do The Challenge after baby number four arrived.
Well Alyssa has been here for almost three months now. Among all the busyness of having a new little one I had completely forgotten about the challenge. Forgotten until my two year old daughter started a new habit, every morning for the past two weeks she has crawled out of bed and asked "dress mommy?" then she digs through her drawers to find a dress for the day! Hahahaha this reminded me about the Challenge and this evening I decided to start.
I must report that I had worn jeans all day long but this evening when I decided to start The Challenge and put on a skirt I immediately felt more comfortable, at easy and well feminine! =-}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi:
I am on the List that serves Ft Lewis Homeschoolers. (we are PCS-ing this summer and I can't wait!!)
Just wanted to say that it's nice to see another HS-blogger Mom on our list :)
Blessings to you and your beautiful family.

Jenni said...

(dropping over from nLDSmoms yahoo group)

I used to wear dresses/skirts a lot more, then we moved to the bush of Alaska and jeans were the only practical option...now that we're in a real city again (I say that with a chuckle since there are only 4500 people here!) I have a habit of wearing jeans, but I like this challenge. I think I will go for it. Thanks for sharing!!