Sunday, March 28, 2010

Refocusing

We all lose sight of our goals at times, we all need to refocus and re-adjust. I have been putting together a binder the past few days. A place to keep my brain essentially ;0). There are sections in my binder like homeschool,bills and home. I looked and looked for some clip art to “grace” the cover and couldn't find anything I liked. After having no success with the clip art I turned to quotes and finally found what I was looking for.

The home is under siege.So many families are being destroyed…If anyone can change the dismal situation into which we are sliding, it is you. Rise up, oh women of Zion, rise up to the great challenge which faces you. My message to you,my challenge to you, my prayer is that you will rededicate yourselves to the strengthening of your homes.”  President Gordon B. Hinckley

Sometimes life really gets in the way. I lose focus on what is truly of importance. Right now in this season of life my focus needs to be inside my home with my family, not outside. I do not need a life “outside of” my kids, I do not need a career to be “fulfilled”.Those are just lies the world has told mothers to undermine their efforts and skew there vision. What faces us and our families today is a “dismal  situation” and we truly are confronting a “great challenge”. But not one of us is alone. We can find strength from our  husbands,our families,fellow Christian women and of course our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ. They do not want us to fail and we are promised in the scriptures to receive the strength and comfort we need if we will seek it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Jennifer said...

What a lovely post! I couldn't agree more. :)

Silvia said...

Wise words and encouraging.