Monday, March 8, 2010

Feeling Blessed

I am feeling so very blessed today. I am having a particularly good day and I am just so thankful for it. The weather has been getting nicer and nicer here. Spring really is on the way! I’ve been talking over and re-evaluating homeschool plans with my sister (who also homeschools) and its such a blessing to have her to talk to and to get her insight on things.

Today a friend told me that her daughter who is in Preschool has been telling her lately that her teacher knows everything about her and everything about everything..My friend told her daughter  “No your teacher doesn't know everything about you. Mommy knows you best” . Her little preschooler then proceeds to tell her “No mommy my teacher knows best!” How sad. How truly, truly sad. I love that through homeschooling I still have my childrens hearts. Their family is the center of their world. I think that is the way God intended our lives to be. How can we lead our childrens hearts to Him if we don't have their hearts to begin with!

I’m also really thankful for the gospel in my life. I sit and think about what my life could be like if I didn't have a personal relationship with God.If I didn't know what I know. How bleak and how hopeless this life would seem if I didn't know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and wants what is best for me. If I didnt know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that  He atoned for my sins so that I could be forgiven and return again to live in Heaven.I can not imagine getting through this life without that knowledge!

I hope everyone else is feeling blessed today too!

No comments: