Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Favorite In Our House

mashedpotaotes

 

With a husband and four kids in my house meals can be difficult. All said we have six people with different likes, dislikes and preferences. One dinner recipe I have found that I absolutely LOVE is Chicken noodles over mashed potatoes. Every single person in my family will eat this meal!Now that's saying something!I thought I would share!

Chicken Noodles Over Mashed Potatoes

2-4 chicken breast(some like more chicken some like less)

1 package egg noodles

Chicken broth (enough to half fill large soup pot)

potatoes

cook and mash potatoes enough for your family.

While the potatoes cook  boil chicken breast. Drain chicken and shred in large bowl.

In large pot cook egg noodles according to package directions  in chicken broth.For added chicken flavor add 1-2 chicken bullion cubes.

When noodles are close to done add in the shredded chicken breast, add salt and pepper to taste,Finish cooking.

When the noodles are finished spoon  over mashed potatoes.

This is a simple dish that can be made with several variations. Add veggies like pictured above,use chicken thighs and other pieces, eat in a bowl without mashed potatoes or over biscuits. All in all an easy to make dish that is sure to please lots of palates :0)

1 comment:

Tristan said...

Yep, you just maade me hungry for that! I think I even have egg-free noodles in the pantry right now...off to find chicken to thaw!