Monday, July 26, 2010

Getting past the guilt

In my last post A meek and quiet spirit I wrote about the struggle I have had lately with patience. The very next morning I got up to have some quiet time in the scriptures and this is the scripture I turned to…

isher 12:27 “And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.”

Wow.What a powerful verse,especially for me right now. I think sometimes we become so bogged down with shame and guilt because we keep screwing up,because we should be “better”,that we forget that we are who God made us.I know I do! This scripture tells us that it is through our weaknesses that we learn to look to the Lord for strength and draw closer to Him.

I really needed that verse and I hope its helpful for any of you out there struggling with guilt over your own weaknesses.Remember that God made you who you are and He is waiting for you to come to Him with a humble heart so that He can make your weakness a strength.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that verse too. Isn't it amazing how utterly dependent we are on God in all things. Body, mind, and spirit.

Great photos at the lake. We need to have a small, fun getaway like that before summer ends. Thanks for sharing.