Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A new recipe I LOVE

Along with my goals to gain more culinary skills I have been searching for healthy recipes. I have four cutie pies and my youngest is just shy of six months old. I am in that phase I know all of us mommies go through and am working to get my body back in shape.

I am exercising regularly and I am a weight watchers girl. I have been able to lose the baby weight after each baby on weight watchers! One of my favorite websites to find new recipes is Dotti's weight loss zone. There are a TON of recipes! Appetizers,soups and stew,casseroles,even deserts!!  Dotti is an amazing women who lost 105lbs using weight watchers. Aside from the recipes on the site there are tips,tricks and encouragement for those of us trying to make a change and have a healthier lifestyle.

If you like your food a little spicy you will LOVE this recipe!!

King Ranch Chicken

Makes 4 servings

Ingredients

1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 can Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Mushroom or Chicken Soup
1 10 oz. can Rotel tomatoes
6 oz. cubed chicken, cooked
4 corn tortillas, torn in pieces
6 tbsp. or 1/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese

Sauté pepper and onion in skillet with Pam.  Add soup, Rotel tomatoes and
chicken.  Alternate layers of tortillas and soup mix.  Sprinkle cheese on top.
Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  

POINTS:  5

 

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Tristan said...

MMmmm that sounds yummy! I know what is going on my grocery list next time - Rotel tomatoes!