Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fish & Pizza?!

Today has been an interesting day to say the least! We had our first dissection! Isaiah caught his first fish last week on a cub scout fishing trip. When he asked if we could keep them I just couldn't say no!! In true homeschooler fashion he told me that he wanted to eat two of them and DISSECT the other!Never mind that his father is much better suited to do dissections and is on the other side of the world, never mind that I don't know how to clean fish, never mind that I don't even eat fish!! These were his first and darn it all we were going to bring them home! Momma was a little unprepared..

100_5945

So they had to come home  in his shirt!!!

Anyhow we got those fishy home and wrapped them up and went in search of someone,anyone who could clean them. No dice! No one I asked knew how to do it! I thought if we could have cooked and eaten two of them then I may just be able to get out of the other request,the dissection. But now I  HAD to make good on that promise since we didn't get to eat any of the little nemo’s!

Today was the day! Let me just say it was as gross as I feared it would be BUT the kids really enjoyed it!

100_6042

100_6045

Talking to my husband today(as he laughed maniacally no less!)  I told him that I had a new appreciation for the fact that Isaiah is much more into physics/technology than animal/earth science : )

After the trauma of the dissection(Hehehe) I wasn't up for anything fancy for dinner! So we made pizza’s.

Here is Isaiah spreading butter on his because he does not like pizza sauce!

100_6050

and Justin spreading the pizza sauce on his

100_6052

and Hannah going crazy with the cheese : )

100_6054

 

All in all a pretty great day!

No comments: