Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Organized madness

Ever since we moved back to Washington two months ago something has been driving me crazy.No not the children,the weather or the neighbors.What has been driving me really crazy,especially having been homeschooling this month are my bookcases!I LOVE books and I homeschool.So you know we have lots of books.When we moved in everything just got thrown onto a shelf.I was on a mission to get the boxes out of the house!

I woke up and today was the day! I had to organize the madness that was our bookshelves!This is what my living  room looked like after an hour of deshelving and sorting:

100_6817

100_6819

I separated everything into loose categories like science,history,religion,for fun reads,series,etc.Then I spent the next hour re-shelving.I am happy to report that everyone survived the mess and I can now breath a sigh of relief.The Madness has been organized!

100_6820

100_6822 100_6823

100_6824

6 comments:

Tristan said...

Hooray for organized shelves! I hate the mess it takes, but then it is so easy to point kids in the right direction when they say..."Mom, I want something about XYZ". Way to go!

crazy4boys said...

Good for you! I'm sure that you feel much better now. My shelves have gotten a bit out of control lately (and I have 2 large stacks without shelves). I think it's time for me to do this....but I keep putting it off. Thanks for the motivation.

Joelle said...

Great job and am sure very rewarding!

Cheryl Pitt said...

Whoa! Good for you, that was a lot of work. Love the haircut in the below post by the way. Very chic!

Sarah said...

Wow, that looks great! I just started preschool with my oldest two boys last week and already am finding the need for a specific 'school book' shelf to keep their books organized. It looks like you have a great system going on.

ChristinaB said...

Heath & Cheryl ~ it was TOTALLY worth the work :0) Sarah Jane ~The books just multiply each year!But really is there such a thing as too many books?Not for a homeschooler!