Friday, April 22, 2011

Biology Fun!

I love talking books,method,curriculum and education with people.Public school families and homeschool families alike. I must say though whenever we get around to science I am shocked by everyone lack of knowledge…

About my FAVORITE curriculum that is ;0)

It never fails that when we get to this part of the conversation  “what do you use for science?” That my reply (Noeo science of course) is always met with a quizzical look! How is it that no one has heard of this awesome program?!

I decided after seeing this for an hour and a half today:

100_8194 100_8195 100_8196

That I really must share! Let me get the link right out there incase your the sort who likes to skip right ahead to the website :0) Noeo Science is a wonderful program that comes with living books on each topic and experiment kits with all the necessary supplies. Biology,chemistry and physics are all programs they have.They have programs for  ages 5 and up.

Here is what they have to say about how the program is laid out.

“Noeo Homeschool Science is variety-filled, with a structure that is best described as a balance between the classical method and the Charlotte Mason approach.   We emphasize narration and summarization, vocabulary development, observation, and the scientific method.  We do not promote rote memorization or the worksheet and test methodology, as we think that this approach is less valuable for long-term retention.”

The best thing I can really say about Noeo is that my children all LOVE it.They ask to do science first EVERY single day.We had about a 3 week break between ending our last study (physics 1) and starting our next (biology 2)  and it was like torture for them!They kept asking (ok whining) to me to get it ordered and delivered as fast as possible because they just really enjoy science so much with this program.

I know I totally sound like I am selling for Noeo or something!But I’m not.I just really love sharing good resources when I find them!So go, check out the website and tell me what you think!

2 comments:

Tristan said...

I love when we find things we love! We're on the "scary to mommy" science journey this year - the kids are each choosing the topics. I decided that I've got control of history this year and so they get to have control of science. Eeek!

Makayla is starting with botany (plants) using the Exploring Creation with Botany book we have, Joseph chose to do a Download N' Go - Rocking Robots (go figure!) with some library books coming to go along, and Emma chose to do a lapbook on honeybees with a few library books to go along.
Makayla has already started but the other two won't begin for another week so books from the library can get in.

I do plan to choose the topic a few times over the year and have everyone doing the same topic, probably for things nobody would choose but everyone would enjoy. ;)

Jennifer said...

I'll have to check that website out! I like the idea of the "living books" combined with science.