Saturday, February 26, 2011

Small and simple = Doable!

This week has been a really good week for me. I have struggled with food for a long time and knew I needed  SOMETHING to help me get the baby weight off. I don’t gain easily. I can eat basically anything I want and if I still exercise 3 to 4 days a week my weight doesn't change.Its nice for me.The down side here is I am also not one of those people who can eat whatever,exercise and lose weight! So after doing a bit of thinking and research I decided I would try taking Alli.

Alli is a weight loss supplement containing orlistat. It is well studied and Alli is the ONLY FDA approved over-the-counter weight loss supplement. I wouldn't feel safe taking something that wasn't FDA approved.

I of course talked this over with some close family members and one pointed out the fact that if I could only lose weight on this pill then once I stopped taking it I would simply gain the weight back.

I think there are two things on my side here. 1. Like I mentioned above  I don't gain weight easily.My body seems to just settle in at a weight. The second thing is that Alli works best with a diet change.Based on your age,gender and activity level you are given a calorie amount to stay within each day as well as a number of grams of fat to stay in per meal and per day.If I don't stay within these parameters I wont lose weight even with taking the Alli.So while I am taking the Alli I will be learning this new way of eating.

I bought the Alli at the beginning of the week and sat down to read all the info.It tells you to eat within the new parameters for three days before starting the Alli.So that's what I did. I ate within my ranges and exercised and all be darned I lost 3 pounds in 4 days…I was shocked! I don't know why I was shocked LoL Everyone knows to lose weight you  have to watch your fat and calorie intake!But for some reason I had never figured out quite how to do that.

I am now on day two of actually taking the Alli and have had no unpleasant side effects thus far.I decided though that if I could lose 3 pounds simply by “doing the diet” they suggest then I don't really need the Alli. I will take the 20 day supply I bought because it wasn't cheap and I wont just throw the money away.But I wont be buying anymore Alli after that either.I geuss the saying is true.There are no magic pills and no quick fixes.Put in the work and you’ll get the results :0)

1 comment:

Mary said...

Good luck and I know you can do whatever you put your mind to.