Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gratitude challenge day 2

Today I am thankful for a body that works and is in relatively good health! It is 5:30 a.m. and I am up getting ready to go exercise. I do NOT enjoy getting up early and I don't particularly enjoy exercising either. That aside I am very thankful that I am healthy enough to be up and going and working out.

As any normal women who has had multiple children there are things I don’t love about my body. I have a little extra padding here and there.Things are a little less firm and a little less perky than they were when I was 16 :0) I tend to dwell on those things far too much.Today I want to focus on all the things this old body of mine does right. I am capable of making meals to feed my dear children. I can hug,tickle,carry and play with my children. I am able to be up and working.Cleaning,organizing and making my home a comfortable place to be. I can work along side my husband and share in the daily duties of life.

I am really very thankful for this body of mine and all that it makes me able to do :0)100_5246

9 comments:

Catherine said...

It's always refreshing when a woman talks about herself in such a positive way! Great post!

SisterTipster said...

YOU GO girrrrrrrl! REMEMBER that you are incredibly special and it's NOT about the looks thing~You have health and CAN get up! WHOOT!!~ANNNND you ARE BEAUTIFUL!

(Really, who wants to head BACK to 16? Even for a day??? LOL...) YOU GO!! ;-))
Thanks for sharing!!Have a blessed day! hugs!!

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

yea for you!!! I have been sick for 36 days.. i think a combo of several viruses. I was walking so well before that (and i have an ongoing health issue from birth so was soo thankful that i was doing well.) so you are so right to be thankful :) I am hoping by the end of day 21 of this meme that I will be posting something similar. Right now i am taking time off to let the body rest....completely. (i have no idea how a homeschooling mom actually DOES that..but i'm doing the best i can.)

Jill said...

Thanks for the reminder to remember ourselves in a positive light.

Prairiemaid said...

Having good health is something to be thankful for, but we often overlook until we are without.

May you continue to walk in health and happiness!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Beautiful, refreshing post. It's too easy to get caught up in criticizing ourselves, so it's good to be grateful for what we can do.

Even if I may have had a better body at 16, I don't want to go back there. lol! ;)

Have a wonderful day!

Vickie said...

Yeah....a tighter firmer body is about all I'd like back from being 16 :) Great post and an awesome reminder.

God's Blessings and good for you for getting up so early to exercise. I can't do that.

the Mcclanahan 7 said...

You are such a good example...I should get up that early to excercise.

ChristinaB said...

Hahaha Ladies I totally agree with you!I would NEVER go back to 16 :0)