Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Feeling “At home”

As a military family we move a lot.One of the things I struggle with is feeling “at home” in our new church each move. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.What that means for me is that I am lucky in that no matter where we move to my church is there.The same things are taught,in the same ways and I don't have to search for a church that is a good fit. That being said I still sometimes have a hard time feeling like a part of the congregation. See I am not a particularly outgoing or bubbly person. I am not the sort that just attracts friends. So how do I become/feel more a part of each new congregation? I am pondering and praying about this and plan to blog more on this as the answers come to me.I'd really love to hear from any of you that may have felt the same thing.Or anyone with suggestions on how to feel more at home in our new congregation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Become involved in R.S. and Primary. That is the quickest and best way to get involved. Relief Society because the women are the heart of everything and Primary because you have children and you want them to make friends there and you want to know the people responsible for what they learn on Sundays.