Saturday, September 26, 2009

Appreciating what you don't have

One of the worst and hardest parts of going through a deployment is simply missing your loved one. No matter what I am doing I miss Justin. It feels like your missing part of yourself. Even when I am having a good time and doing something fun it is tinged with thoughts of missing him and wishing He was there too.
One of the "perks" of deployment(yes there actually are some perks!) stems from this lonelyness. I appreciate my husband SO very much. I appreciate a little e-mail He may send out of the blue to ask how my day was. The sound of His voice telling me He misses me. I appreciate all the things He does when He is home SO much more because right now I am having to do them!
I find that having been through a deployment I tend to nit pick less, strss less, nag less and I dont have to have him do thing MY way like I used to. Because of that we have a far happier and more content marriage than I coud have pictured us having 6 or 7 years ago.
Going through a deployment has really given me a testimony of the fact that Heavenly Father makes even our trials for our good. Being apart from myeternal companion for a year is the hardest thing I have ever had to do BUT despite that I have been blessed the whole way through.

No comments: