Monday, January 19, 2009

A day on the mountain

Today was such a blast! We decided to go up the mountain and go sledding with some friends of ours the Kaiser's. The 1 1/2 hour drive was so beautiful. The mountains and lakes and waterfall we drove past were just spectacular. Everyone had a ball sledding. The boys were amazingly brave considering how huge the sledding hill was. They had a little hill for younger kids and although Hannah went down that one the boys refused, insisting that they didnt want to go down the "little kid" hill!We got to have some great talks with the kids to about Gods amazing power and His love for us in creating such a beautiful world.
Something else that amazed me today was something I had been thinking about. I read a post on one of the blogs I follow about being content with what God gives us. Well all this month Ihave been praying that My hubby would get promoted this month. We could really use the money and aside from the money I believe that he really deserves the promotion.This morning as I was saying my prayers I prayed differently. I prayed that if he didnt get promoted that I would remember that God has a plan and that there would be a reason for it. On the drive up the mountain we got the word that hubby will not be promoted this month. I felt a twinge of let down and disapointment but that was immediately overshadowed with other thought. Thoughts about how this would just be the greatest opportunity for my somewhat reluctant hubby to go to college (its promotion points) and that it was also an opportunity to learn to live better within our means and to learn to budget better. It felt really good. I wasnt mad at anyone. I didnt do the "poor me" game or the "lifes so unfair" thing. I just accepted it and let it go. I know that God put the desire in me to accept His plan and then He answered my prayer for help when I needed to do just that.















2 comments:

Tristan said...

sounds like a fun day! we're still on a no sledding ban with the son who has the broken cheekbone...

wasn't that a great article? I know exactly what you mean about needing to read it.

Sorry to hear the points were raised so high. Guess it is good motivation for your DH to keep doing classes though. Wish my DH had some motivation like that!

Glad you are doing okay about it all.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I am glad God gave these children such an "in tune" mommy. Everything around us is a gift from our Heavenly Father!

I agree - there is a reason when an answer comes back "not right now". Sometimes we never know the reason for the wait, but I believe it is still there.